English Teacher – Cannock
Post Title: English Teacher
Status: Full time, permanent
Salary: Salary between £23,720-£39,406
Place of Work: Peak Education Facility at Longford Road, Cannock, WS11 0LG
Reporting to: Assistant Head of School
Responsibilities of Appointment
- Plan teaching to achieve progression in pupils’ learning through:
- Identifying clear teaching and learning objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed.
- Setting tasks, including homework, which challenge pupils and ensure a high level of interest.
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations for pupils’ learning, motivation and presentation of work
- Setting clear targets building on prior attainment.
- Identifying the needs of individuals and groups within the class, taking note of individual education plans and the requirements of the code of practice.
- Making effective use of assessment information when planning lessons.
- Planning opportunities to contribute to pupils’ literacy and numeracy, and to their personal, spiritual, moral, social, and cultural development.
- The use of teaching assistant time as appropriate.