Senior Inclusive Education Practitioner – Pastoral Support.
Here at Peak, we are looking for a Senior Inclusive Education Practitioner to join our pastoral support team and take on responsibility of delivering the Company’s programmes to students and clients, with an emphasis on pastoral support and student wellbeing.
You will be contracted to work between the hours of 8am-4.30pm, 44 weeks per academic year, including 38 term time weeks, 3 half term weeks (February, May and October) and mandatory inset/training days. The remaining weeks will be as agreed with the Head Teacher each academic year.
- Plan teaching to achieve progression in students’ learning through:
- Support IEPs with the development of classroom management and teaching skills
- Supporting IEPs to engage and challenge students and ensure all support is effective
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations for students’ learning, motivation and presentation of work
- Setting clear targets for students building on prior attainment and individual learning needs
- Identifying the needs of individuals and groups within the class, taking note of individual education plans and the requirements of the SEND code of practice
- Making effective use of assessment information to support students across the school
- Planning opportunities to contribute to the development of students’ behavioural communication and social development
- Support students with mental health difficulties
- Contribute to the delivery of PSHE/ SMSC across the school. Support in the coordination of PSHE/ SMSC days in order to support students with their personal, spiritual, moral, social and cultural development
Teaching and Class Management:
- Establish and maintain a safe environment and purposeful working atmosphere which supports learning and student wellbeing
- Set high expectations for students’ behaviour, establishing and maintaining a good standard of discipline through well-focused teaching and through positive and productive relationships
- Provide support for staff and students in raising expectations and improving personal conduct and attitudes to learning
- Provide clear structures for support sessions
- Use a variety of methods to engage and support students who may be experiencing personal challenges
- To work alongside the Pastoral Support Manager to develop personalised programmes and small group activities to support students with SEMHD
- Select or create appropriate learning resources and develop student’s personal and social skills
- Ensure students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
- Support students to develop confidence and self-esteem in relation to learning and adventurous activities
- Critically evaluate teaching and support programmes to improve effectiveness
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording & Reporting:
- Assess how well objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of student learning and support programmes
- Work closely within the Inclusion team and support the work of the Safeguarding SIEP and the Pastoral Support Manager
- Attend meetings as required to support students and record outcomes and actions
- Liaise with external agencies and other stakeholders when requested to be the Pastoral Support Manager
- Prepare and present informative reports to the Senior Leadership Team and other stakeholders as required
Vehicle Safety Checks:
- Ensure vehicle check sheets are available to staff using the vehicles.
- Ensure vehicle check sheets are completed to the necessary standard by all staff
- Counter sign each vehicle check sheet indicating the agreed return condition of the vehicle
- Support in the systematic weekly checks on each vehicle
- Highlight any damage or repairs as necessary to the Education Manager
Displays and Promotion:
- Produce high quality displays of young people’s work photos and achievements throughout the school to create an atmosphere of belonging and pride
- Ensure that all wall displays in the school are kept up to date and replaced within 3 days if damage has occurred.
- Ensure DOJO/BEST points for all young people are updated and displayed weekly and rewards for students are provided
Fire Safety and First Aid:
- Ensure weekly checks of the fire alarm, emergency lighting and firefighting equipment are carried out and recorded
- Ensure that the school is supplied with all appropriate first aid materials which are fit for use, stored correctly and in date.
- Fulfil the role of school fire warden and complete all relevant training.
Cleanliness and Appearance of the centre
- Ensure that the cleaning rota is adhered to and that cleaning standards have been met
- Identify and address any health and safety concerns as a matter of urgency with the Education Manager
Consumables / Resources
- Ensure that daily consumables are stocked up and re ordered when necessary.
- Ensure that all company resources are used and stored in accordance with the manufacturer’s directions.
- Ensure that all defects are reported to the Education Manager promptly
Other Professional Requirements:
- Safeguarding of students at all times
- Work towards the supporting the development of the school and company vision to create an outstanding provision for students with SEMHD.
- To work with professionalism and confidentiality at all times ensuring that the students and staff are treated with equity and dignity.
- Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
- Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the school
- Establish effective working relationships and set a good example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct
- Provide information, advice and guidance to Inclusive Education Practitioners to inform and enhance their practice
- Endeavour to give every student the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations
- Contribute to the life of the school through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to co-ordinate the management of the school
- Take responsibility for your own professional development and duties in relation to school policies and practices
Other duties may include:
- Supporting the Company’s trainee scheme.
- Responsibility for the co-ordination of activities, and associated staff.
- Preparation and completion of training material and resources and/or associated paperwork before and/or after training sessions, activities or expeditions.
- Preparation and/or transportation of equipment and resources.
- Contribution to the continuing review and development of training material and resources.
- Care and maintenance of Company equipment, vehicles and resources in line with documented procedures.
- Ensuring all projects undertaken on behalf of the Company are completed in the most cost-efficient way.
- Driving a company vehicle when required which may include transporting clients and towing trailers where your licence allows.
- Additional duties as stated or referred to in the job description or as deemed appropriate by the Company.
In addition to the above, you may be asked to undertake other responsibilities that the Business considers relevant to the position and in-keeping with the role of a Senior Inclusive Education Practitioner.
Peak have a full COVID-19 19 Risk Assessment at each of its sites and are committed to ensuring the safety of its staff, students and visitors at all times.
If you would like to apply for this role please click here.